Saturday, February 19, 2011

Save Planned Parenthood

I recently got an email from Planned Parenthood informing me that the Pence Bill, which would bad PP from getting any federal funding. This is ridiculous! The Pence Bill states that because PP preforms abortions that it should not be granted federal funding because:



“It is morally wrong to end an unborn human life by abortion.  It is also morally wrong to take the taxpayer dollars of millions of pro-life Americans and use them to promote abortion at home or abroad.
"Last year, Planned Parenthood received more than $363 million in revenue from government grants and contracts.  During that same time, they performed an unprecedented 324,008 abortions.

PP performs many more services than abortions. I know that members of my community depend on PP for many different health services that they can't otherwise afford. I go to the PP branch that is in my town for free and cheaper birth control patches. I wouldn't be able to afford a constant supply otherwise. If you or others you know depend on PP, please email your Senator and tell them how you feel. I know abortion is a tough issue but there are other was to debate that issue, those who need PP for its numerous other services shouldn't suffer for it.


Visit this link to find out the facts about the Pence Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment