Monday, February 7, 2011

St. Lawrence County Crafters!

Well, I just started my own Ravelry group and I'm excited. It's called St. Lawrence County Crafters, SLCC for short, and Foxdaughter2 and I are going to mod it. I really hope this works. There's a Rav group called North Country Knitters, but its not all that active. I'm hoping that this group will help bring in some students around here. Who knows, maybe we could start a club! Yarn and notions payed for by the school? Epic!

I wanted it to be mostly for SLU and other local students, but Foxdaughter2 thought that that'd be too narrow. She pointed out that she's met a lot of older, cool crafters at the LYSes. So why not? It's worth a try. We're going to design a flyer to put up around campus and town (and when we can, in the other towns around here too). Maybe we can get people who aren't on Rav to join up. Sweet, huh?

I've got some plans for the group. I was thinking maybe we could set aside a time maybe once a week or biweekly to get together and craft. Depending on who becomes members, we'll have to chose a suitable place. If it's mostly students we could just meet in the student center, but if it's also non-student members we could try the bookstore, or one of the cafes around here. Sort of a stitch'n'bith thing going on. We could also do mini yarn crawls. I'm going to see about posting flyers in the LYSes.

I'm thinking some sort of charity work too. I haven't mentioned that to Foxdaughter2 yet, but I'll see about that once we've got some members. If all goes well, I'd really like to start a club here on campus. It'd be awesome to give crafting some notoriety among us young people. Hell, maybe we could yarn bomb the campus! I'll try to keep progress posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment